Universal File Bar©
Universal File Bar P/N UFB401
Northland Metal Universal File Bar File Rails For Metal or Wood Filing Cabinet Drawers Restores Used Lateral File Cabinets To Use Hanging Folders
- Sold 40" long. Must be cut to length for universal fit (Clips sold separately)
- Enables Metal Lateral File Cabinets to Use Hanging File Folders
- Universal Design Will Fit Any Model or Brand Regardless of Age
- These bars are designed to function with our (2) styles of universal file clips, UFC547 for STEEL cabinets, & UFC966 for WOOD cabinets. Together they allow you to create your own "custom length" lateral cabinet file bars. Multiple bars used in any combination, allow you to design your own Universal File Bar System©.
- Simply cut the filebar to the length you need and use the appropriate metal or wood clip on each end. For side-to-side, front-to-back, letter or legal filing. Length sold - 40 inches. Sold & priced individually.
- Heavy Duty All Steel Design No Plastic Parts. Made in USA
MINIMUM ORDER (4)
UFB CUTTING INSTRUCTIONS
The following are cutting Instructions for Universal File Bar (#UFB401). Step one is to determine the length you require. Below are instructions for measuring your lateral file cabinet drawer.
A) For side-to-side filing, measure the inside distance from drawer wall to drawer wall, then subtract 1/8" for the actual bar length. Each clip takes up 1/16" of drawer space. (see drawing).
B) For front-to-back filing, determine if there is a lip or edge that the clip can attach to. If so, the above instructions apply here also. If not, then you must first create a side-to-side UFB. It now becomes the edge that the front-to-back bar can attach to.
Common methods for cutting UFB's to the required length are: hacksaw, bandsaw, jigsaw, sawzall, chopsaw, coldsaw and drysaw. The material is 16 gauge (1/16" thick) galvanized steel, so any of the pre-ceding methods equipped with a metal cutting blade work well.
Caution: wear safety glasses when you are cutting steel & don't forget to remove any sharp edges with a file.